Thursday, November 13, 2014

Face of the Day November 13, 2014= Stila Magnificent Metal Eye Shadow

Today I want to start a series called Face of the Day. I am going to do a look that I do each day and explain how I did it.  In this look,  it’s a dark Smokey eye with gold, this eye look will work on any eye color.


          
Let's get started!
1.) Prime the eye using Urban Decay's Primer Potion Original                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 


                                                                                                   
2.) For the crease I like to use my Physician's Formula matte quad called Classic Nudes I also use the lightest shade for my brow bone... for the eye lid I use Roasted from the Smashbox On the Rocks palette. If you would like you could use Marzipan from the same palette for the brow bone. I also used Salted Caramel from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. The way I started the look I took  the  Physician's Formula Crease color and placed it in the crease and used a fluffy crease brush to soften the hard lines. I then take Marzipan on the brow bone, this acts as a highlight and softens the crease color. Take Roasted and place it on the lid. I take the same fluffy brush and lightly blend Roasted into the crease. 




3.) Then for the best part of the look: I used the Stila Magnificent Metal Foil Finish Eye shadow in Vintage Black Gold. To apply this shadow first apply the liquid eye primer on the lid, I place it on top of the Roasted. I let it set for a couple of seconds. Then I use my finger to pat on the eye shadow. Once you have it evenly distributed on the lid, I take the same fluffy crease brush and using a little of the Salted Caramel I blend the Vintage Gold lightly into the crease.



4.) For the rest of the face I used my Maybelline Fit Me concealer and foundation. Then I used the Fit Me powder to set it.




5.) For the blush I used NYX Mauve and for the highlighter I used Too Faced Candlelight Glow. With the highlighter I used the lighter color on the upper cheek bone and lightly on the forehead, down the nose, and on the chin. I use the pink side of the highlighter on the apples of the cheeks. It gives the cheeks a nice glow. 


6.) I line my eyes with the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl liner in Black. For the lashes I used the Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara and the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara.



7.) For my lips I used Wet N Wilds 903c Just Peachy matte lip color.



For a side note I only used 5 make up brushes...
 Mirabella Powder Brush
Mirabella Blush Brush 
Mirabella Crease Brush
Elf Eye Shadow Brush
Elf Crease Brush




I really hope you enjoyed this look, I will be posting tomorrow's F.O.T.D. around the same time, I will try to have it up a little early! Thank you for taking your time to read this. If there is anything you'd like to see please comment and let me know and I'll get it done! Please subscribe, I appreciate it! Thanks again!

No comments: