Sunday, November 6, 2016

October Favorites (Nails)



Hello again everyone,

I am so glad that it is fall time. I love the sweaters, almost everything pumpkin, and my birthday. For those of you who don't know I was born on Halloween, so the fall has always been my favorite. I am going to do this favorites a little different. This time I am going to take a look back at all the collections that have come out for the fall(mainstream), and tell you my favorites from each collection. I will also try to link to where you can find them to purchase online if possible. Spoiler Alert: All of these brands put out beautiful fall collections!!!

Let's start with OPI :

OPI The Washington DC Collection:

OPI is probably one of my favorite mainstream nail polish brands. I started to collect OPI first. This year OPI's collection was the Washington D.C. collection. It was comprised of 12 shades and 3 limited edition shade. There was also 2 limited editions released as Ulta Beauty exclusives (I do NOT have the 2 from Ulta). This collection had 14 creams and 1 shimmer, or pearl finish but to the naked eye it looks cream.

This collection was a collaboration between American actress Kerry Washington and Suzy Weiss-Fischmann. The whole theme and final out come of this collection to me was perfect. OPI did a good job of following the Washington DC collection while keeping the collection very fall. Now I love this whole collection because OPI gave us everything that fall is, in one collection. I am glad they didn't do glitter, shimmers, pearl finishes and left the collection simple with the wonderful cream formula that we have come to love from OPI. 

Here is a look at the 15  polishes from the collection:
O.P.I Fall 2016 Washington DC Collection:
Top Row R to L: CIA (Color is Awesome), Stay off the Lawn, Suzi-First Lady of Nails, Never a Dulles Moment, Pale to the Chief
Second Row R to L: Yank My Doodle, Freedom of Peach, Squeaker of the House, Shhh..It's Top Secret, Madam President
Third Row R to L: OPI by Popular Vote, We the Female, Inside the ISABELLEt Way, Kerry Blossom, "Liv" in the Gray
Now isn't that stunning. The nude polish in the top right corner of the picture, called Pale to the Chief, is the only one that has a different finish than the rest of the polishes. OPI describes Pale to the Chief as "So nearly nude, its almost scandalous"  
My first favorite from this collection is Freedom of Peach. This polish is described as "Wearing this creamy peach is your right." Now in my opinion this polish is more a burnt orange than it is a peach. The formula of this polish is golden. Two coats and your good. To me this shade is one of the shades that says Fall. Maybe that is because it reminds me of pumpkins and I love almost anything pumpkin. 

My second favorite shade is Squeaker of the House. OPI describes this polish as "A chocolate brown that is so yummy, it crosses party lines." I love brown polishes, two of my favorites are You Don't Know Jacques and How Great is Your Dane? Now both of those are more on the taupe side of brown where as Squeaker of the House is more of a true chocolate brown.  Again the formula on these polishes is beyond wonderful! 

My third favorite is a tie between two polishes. There is the yellow polish called Never A Dulles Moment. This polish is described by OPI as "A curry yellow seen on airport and fashion week runways"  This is a pale mustard yellow, now yellow being a hard color to make, I think this has an ok formula. It is ok in two coats, but I can see where some might need three. And the other polish is the olive/army green called Suzi- The First Lady of Nails. This polish is described by OPI as "Command the political scene in this chic olive green."  I love this green, it has a wonderful formula and applies so easily.
This collection has it all from cranberry reds to beautiful browns and it even includes a yellow. I think the Washington DC collection is a must have for any nail polish collector. 



Zoya Urban Grunge Collection:



Urban Grunge Metallic Holos
Top Row: Alicia, Troy, Merida
Bottom Row: Finley, Britta, Ash

Urban Grunge One Coat Creams
Top Row: August, Mallory, Tara
Bottom Row: Courtney, Wyatt, Noah
Zoya put out a beautiful two part collection for fall. The first part of the collection is called the Metallic Holos, they are all creamy, smooth polishes. They go on in two coats Alicia may need three depending on your coats. Alicia, Merida, Finley are the holographic polishes and Troy, Britta, and Ash are the metallic polishes.  
My favorites from the Metallic Holos are Merida the forest green scattered holographic, Finley is a beautiful concord grape color that is also the scattered holographic finish. My final favorite is Alicia which is also another scattered holographic, but it has a beautiful gold shift that makes this polish look amazing. My runner up is Troy. Troy is a dark gunmetal gray that goes on in one coat, now I do think if you use thin coats you may need two coats, but I got away with one. 

Now from the one coater creams. This is hard because I love them all, but I would have to say my favorites would be August, Noah Wyatt, Mallory. Now I do like Tara and Courtney, but they don't necessarily live up to the claim of one coater. Courtney is even a jelly finish. I think they did wonderfully well with this collection. I look forward to seeing more one coater polishes from Zoya in the future. 

Morgan Taylor Sweetheart Squadron:

Morgan Taylor Sweetheart Squadron
R to L: Up in the Air-heart, Perfect Landing, Put A Wing on it, Looking for a Wing man, Oh Para-chute, Rule the Runway
I love Morgan Taylor polishes, they all are amazing formula wise. This collection has a light gray, sage green, cranberry, a burnt orange, and two lighter peaches. The formula's in this collection are amazing as usual, there is one crelly finish polish and the rest are cream. My absolute favorite in this collection is Put a Wing On It which is the burnt orange crelly based polish. Crelly being a cream and jelly mixed together. It applies beautifully and will look good as an all over manicure or would be beautiful to use it in nail art. The next couple of favorites are Perfect Landing, Oh Para-Chute, and Rule the Runway.  Again the formula is good, a couple of them could be one coaters, depending on how it is applied, but I applied two just because I feel that it helps all polishes last longer.

Caption Polish Classics for Fall 2016:
Caption Polish Classics Collection
R to L: Milk It, Treat Yourself, Cash In, Feel the Yes, To Be Perfectly Honest, Get to the Point, Defy then Deny, Would You Rather?

These polishes are inspired by roadsters and have a slightly muted palette that give the collection a sleek and modern feel, according to Young Nails Inc. Caption polish is my number favorite nail polish brand to use on clients, but they are really amazing polishes. I have a few favorites from this collection starting with Milk It. Milk It is a light almost white pink which looks so chic and clean on any manicure.  Cash In is my next favorite. This polish is a beautiful sage green polish that is muted and such a fun color for this fall. Get to the Point is the burnt orange polish in the collection. Now out of all the burnt orange polishes that have come out this year, this is my favorite. It applies smoothly and can get close to a one coater, but it is still a little then to the point I think that it needs a second coat. I love the way that Caption polishes wear on the nails. I get a good 7 to 8 days wear time out of them. 

Essie Kimono-Over:


Essie Fall 2016 Kimono Over
R to L: Kimono Over, Playing Koi, Udon Know Me, Go Go Geisha, Now & Zen, Maki Me Happy


This was an amazing collection!! The formula in this collection was near perfect, the lighter colors definitely needed two coats. I love how much Essie polishes have improved! I remember when I first got my cosmetology license, I tried a couple of polishes and I couldn't believe how watery and streaky they were. Most of the ones I tried were even streaky. My favorites from this collection are definitely Kimono Over which is a deep grape purple! Again amazing formula, and good at two coats! The one I like the most or find the most unique is Playing Koi, this is a beautiful rust orange. This polish is a jelly, so it isn't as opaque as a cream is, but it is beautiful! 

I hope this was helpful I love all the fall collections that have come out. Fall is my favorite time of the year!! I love all the cozy, beautiful, deep, rich colors. I got to go to my families cabin, back at the beginning of October, in the beautiful Rocky Mountains. We got to see all of the Aspen trees and their leaves changing. The smell of fall in the air in the mountains is amazing. I don't know however if I am on board with the Pumpkin everything, but I do admit Pumpkin and the smell of Pumpkin Pie can be wonderful! 

If you are interested I left links directly under the picture, just click on the bright pink words(expect for O.P.I., OPI's letters are blue!!
Thank you all so much for taking time to read this October favorites blog. It means a lot to me! Leave me a comment of which of these polishes is your favorite, or if you have a different fall polish leave that below, so I can try something new!!!! Thank you and don't forget to follow us, so that you get to see all the new fun things we are doing!!
Google+ -- +Opal Essence Beauty  
Instagram--- @opalessencebeauty83
Facebook----  @opalessencenails83

Also come join my nail art community on GOOGLE+ ---Nail Art For Everybody this is a great place to share your nail art, product faves, and nail tips.





No comments: